Monday, October 20, 2008

Joe The Plumber



At first the reason why people were not supposed to vote for Obama was his supposed pandering with terrorists, which translates to sitting on a board with a member of a defunct organisation that did some extreme things back when Obama was potty training. Being even younger than that, I can hardly remember those days, but I do know one thing. So many things happened about that time if we were to apply today's standards we would have to put a good section of baby boomers behind bars.

Fortunately, the McCain campaign seems to have arrived to that conclusion too. Not that they have wisened up though. I guess even if you took a horse to Harvard it would still be a horse and breying would never turn to soprano. Now the topic has shifted to an innocuous 'plumber' who is not even licensed to (plumb?), who somehow wants to buy his boss' plumbing company and that would somehow put him in the taxable bracket of $250,000.

First of all, with the economy the way it is, Joe should be thinking about two things first, before he worries about taxes. First, why would his boss want to sell the business if it is doing well? With the recent market and business trends, I think your boss is headed for Hawaii Joe. I believe he would be all too glad to dump the shit business on you and escape. Secondly, even if Joe is so religious as to take the leap of faith necessary to buy this business, the second thing that comes to mind is securing a loan. Have you filled out any of those forms lately Joe? The banks are waiting to disqualify you for wearing the wrong shoes to your appointment.

So Joe is the butt of late-night talk shows and the reborn vigor of John's campaign - am I having a feeling of deja vu here? Mr McCain, did not Sarah somebody do the same around convention time only to backfire on your campaign? Joe is not represetantive of the common American. My neighbor is not looking to buy the nursing home where she works. Hell! If that were the case I would have owned several businesses by now. I need the tax cut. So does my neighbor.

Good luck on your purchase Joe but leave me out of it. And the same to you John.

No comments: